Click on 'Apply Now' to submit your application for this position.
Cyber Security Specialist
04 - 05 years
Standard Background Check
WA - Seattle
ActioNet is looking for a Cyber Security Specialist to provide expert technical support the Circuit IT Security Officer (Circuit ISO) and the Circuit IT Security Team in performing security remediation based on results of the IT Security Scorecard. The responsibilities for this positon include system security program support, security operations, and security engineering remediation. This position will require mandatory overnight travels which can last up to 5 days.
Travel: 50%-75% (high)
• Provides technical support in the areas of vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, network security, product evaluation, and security implementation.
• Responsible for designing and implementing solutions for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information.
• Provides technical evaluations of customer systems and assists with making security improvements.
• Participates in design of information system contingency plans that maintain appropriate levels of protection and meet time requirements for minimizing operations impact to customer organization.
• Conducts security product evaluations, and recommends products, technologies and upgrades to improve the customer’s security posture.
• Conducts testing and audit log reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current security measures.
• Task 1. IT Security Scorecard Evaluation and Remediation. This position shall assist court units in evaluating their security posture utilizing the IT Security Scorecard. You will assist courts and court units in meeting scorecard remediation goals. Work performed on this task will be carried out at approximately 10 federal court locations within the Ninth Circuit, encompassing the nine western states (Ak,Az,Ca,Hi,Id,Mt,Nv,Or,Wa) including, Northern Mariana Islands and Guam. This position will require mandatory overnight travels which can last up to 5 days.
• Task 2. Compliance with Audit Requirements. This position shall assist in the formal audit process reviews of IT security to assure compliance with the IT Security Scorecard (an example can be provided). This position will assist courts and court units with tasks and activities to remedy security findings and vulnerabilities as outlined in the Score Card.
• Task 3. Documentation. This position shall assist with court security documentation such as policies and procedures as directed, and which may be provided to courts and court units as needed.
• Task 4. Enterprise Security Tool Management. This position shall assist Circuit IT Security Team in providing Circuit-wide solutions and support with nationally provided security tools, and will collaborate with local courts on solutions that will benefit the Circuit as a whole. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in one or more of the following – Websense, Nessus, Carbon Black, Splunk and Palo Alto.
• Task 5. Incident Remediation Assistance. This position will assist courts and court units with remediation of IT security incidents from both a local and national perspective. For example, a court struck by malware or a virus will receive assistance from the Circuit IT Security Team in remediating the incident and in documenting the incident response. The Circuit IT Security Team will assist with alerts from the Security Operations Center (SOC) at the Administrative Office with both remediation and responses to the SOC. The Team will advocate for the Circuit as a whole in communicating to the SOC regarding such issues as blocking malware.
• Task 6. Network Remediation. This position shall evaluate security impact of proposed changes to current networks and systems.
• Five (5) years of experience must include familiarity with applicable NIST information security documentation; i.e., Special Publication 800 series. Experience must have occurred within the past three (3) years.
• Three (3) years of experience in National Institute of Standards (NIST) IT Security.
• Three (3) years of this functional experience must have included securing and evaluating information management systems, security design
• Minimum Education: BS or BA preferred. Security+, CISSP, CISA or CISM is recommended but not required.
• Certification in Certified Information systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Global Web Application Testing Professional (GWATP) desirable but not required, Global Information Assurance – Global Penetration Tester certification (GIA-GPEN), desired but not required.
ActioNet has a mentor program designed to get you up to speed in your new job quickly...helping you succeed and grow with the company.
ActioNet Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.