Click on 'Apply Now' to submit your application for this position.
05 - 06 years
VA - Vienna
• Installation and configuration of servers, switches and related equipment
• Installation and configuration of operating systems, drivers, firmware, and OS patches
• Troubleshoot hardware and operating systems
• Manage configurations, implementations and maintenance of system management application technologies, including Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0, Microsoft System Management Server (SMS), Dell Open Manager (OM) and other tools used to manage the environment.
• Work with technical writing staff to develop and document standard processes for server installs, upgrades, and other repetitive tasks
• Manage and monitor event logs, backup status, and implement automated tools for monitoring and reporting system status
• Provide guidance and support to other system administrators and ensure seamless and non-disrupted changes are implemented.
• Complete all required administrative duties and paperwork in a timely manner.
A qualified candidate will have a high level of competence and experience in the following areas:
• Linux operating systems
• Server hardware (Dell and HP)
• Excellent communication skills
• Time management and the ability to multi-task and re-prioritize based on urgency
• U.S. citizenship
• Secret Security clearance is required
• Technical degree or equivalent work experience
• Systems Administration / Systems Engineering experience
• Initiative, self-motivation, and continual hunger for knowledge
• IIS web servers / web services / programming
• Oracle RAC databases
• F5 traffic management servers
• Working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL)
ActioNet has a mentor program designed to get you up to speed in your new job quickly...helping you succeed and grow with the company.
ActioNet Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.