Click on 'Apply Now' to submit your application for this position.
08 - 10 years
VA - Rosslyn
The scope of the position requires a proven track-record with a range of responsibilities. ActioNet seeks a highly talented, motivated, and creative Systems Engineer to support a very high-performing Network and Systems engineering team that is constantly working on interesting projects.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, supporting and managing development and test systems in a fast paced, high visibility, critical environment.
• Design and develop initial prototypes/proofs of concept and validate them for technical design and performance
• Be responsive and decisive on adjusting product architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technology evolves
• Identify and articulate new technology, design methodology and best practices
• Responsible for creating turnover documentation for prototype systems as clients move to operational status
• Able to multi-task multiple projects and provide updates to management
• Be involved in design and implementation of automated configuration management system (Chef)
• Provide technical guidance and input to other team members as needed
• Monitor the overall system environment to include servers and network components
• Be able to maintain SIB lab systems (physical and virtual) as well as create documentation
Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent and seven to ten years, or 10+ years of related experience in the following:
• Designing, administering and supporting Windows 2008, 2012
• Be able to work independently and within the framework of a team
• Able to work independently on a given task with little to minimum assistance
• Able to troubleshoot systems design issues and provide a technical detailed resolution
• Experience supporting software development environment
• VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5 & 6.0; to include VDP, HA, patching, upgrades and troubleshooting VMware related issues
• Citrix XenDesktop and VMware HorizonVDI solutions (would be a plus)
• Familiarity with Linux Administration (would be a plus)
• Familiarity with SQL 2008/2012 installations and deployments (would be a plus)
• Experience deploying and managing SAN technologies to include NAS, ISCSI and Fiber channel attached SANs (would be a plus)
- US citizenship with active Top Secret security clearance
ActioNet has a mentor program designed to get you up to speed in your new job quickly...helping you succeed and grow with the company.
ActioNet Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.