Click on 'Apply Now' to submit your application for this position.
04 - 05 years
VA - Rosslyn
ActioNet is an IT Services company that does work across the federal government. We are looking for an User Interface / User Experience Designer to join a team that we have in place in Rosslyn, VA working in support of The Department of State.
You will be joining a company and team that has a strong culture and is supporting a strong mission (we help catch bad guys). You will join another designer and support efforts across the enterprise that range from web design to presentations.
Candidates must have a high level of experience in user interface / user experience design and web application product development. This will include business analysis and requirements gathering and documentation from all business stakeholders and internal/external clients, wireframing, prototyping, and coordination of project development using agile methodology between the business and Software Engineering team to deliver product to spec and on time. An amazing level of attention to detail is a must. Someone who knows best practices, can document them, and insure all UI/UX design follows those detailed specifications.
• Serve as a primary
designer for internal GUI web-based applications
• Analyze user experience problems and create design solutions that meet business goals
• Analyze application and business domain data requirements and business rules, understanding the data flow from source to screen.
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
mockups, wireframes, and layouts that promote ease of use and optimize how customers interact with products and features
• Recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, and design intuitive applications to support them.
• Information Architecture and Wireframing
• Build Interactive Prototypes for the web applications
• Assume overall User Interface design of Web applications, incorporating usability, comprehensive work flows, applying standards, using various tools to create graphical interfaces for web based; rich client; and thick client applications.
• Work directly with business stakeholders, clients, designers, developepers, and engineers to coordinate the building of applications to spec and on time.
• Stay abreast of UX trends, as well as corporate and industry standards looking for creative ideas
• Participate in user testing and design research to gain insight into UI / UX.
• Able to take feedback constructively and iterate on designs and ideas from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions
• Understanding and experience in user-centered design process
• Experience moving your designs throughout an agile development process.
• Skilled in using design, wireframing, and use case tools
• Excellent interaction design skills
• Proficiency with digital design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite or other similar software
• Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. technical developers, business leaders, and users
• Strong working knowledge of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
• Strong understanding of Responsive Web Design best practices, familiarity with Bootstrap, Foundation or similar.
• Knowledge of Section 508 compliance
ActioNet has a mentor program designed to get you up to speed in your new job quickly...helping you succeed and grow with the company.
ActioNet Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.