Click on 'Apply Now' to submit your application for this position.
04 - 05 years
MD - Lanham
Systems Administrator with demonstrated hands-on experience in system implementation, integration, maintenance and operations. ITIL knowledge preferred. Applicant should be knowledgeable with troubleshooting, investigating complex technical problems and coordinating solutions.
• System implementation, integration, and maintenance and operations, including the investigation of complex technical problems.
• Provide System Administration for development, test and production environments of the Government Resource for Algorithm, Integration, Test, and Evaluation (GRAVITE) section.
• Responsible for managing computational resources including resource allocation, performance measurement, failover operations, reporting operations, maintenance, and resource planning, providing System Administration support for an enterprise level and development system comprised of Linux platforms, and support the upgrade of hardware and software.
• Act as the technical advisor to the Project Manager and participate in on-going developing efforts between the stakeholders and the IT resources providing course of action and corrective action plan when issues arise.
• Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including, but not limited to:
o Patch maintenance
o Changes as required by evolution of production environments
o Updating software and software configurations.
• Participate in process improvement.
• Participate in design and review of new systems and applications.
• Coordinate with network engineering to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Linux systems to meet business demands.
• Perform file system configuration and management.
• Create and modify Linux shell scripts.
• Perform rudimentary database administration tasks.
• Troubleshoot and resolve software configuration problems.
• Define and perform system backups and recovery procedures.
• Recommend and execute modifications to Linux systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
• Review and implement new Linux system releases and vendor supplied patches.
• Maintain Linux training materials and systems documentation.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is required.
• RHCE 7 (Red Hat Certified Engineer)
• 5+ Years Hands on work experience in the same or equivalent field.
• Specific knowledge of Linux platforms required.
• Working technical knowledge of coding using Perl and shell scripting.
• Experience with Puppet and compiling software; with clustered storage and packaging software
• Familiarity with network protocols.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
• Experience with business collaboration tools such as Outlook, Excel, Visio, and MS Project essential.
• Strong understanding of the organizational goals and objectives.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Good interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation.
• US Citizenship.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
ActioNet has a mentor program designed to get you up to speed in your new job quickly...helping you succeed and grow with the company.
ActioNet Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.