The Software Developer will be responsible for working as part of an agile software development team responsible for achieving enterprise interoperability. The candidate will develop software and software tests at the unit, integration, and black-box functional level in support of agile software development principles as required to support DCGS Integration Backbone (DIB) product development and test events. The candidate will investigate, tailor, recommend, and implement architectural, testing and procedural best practices to serve the DCGS community. The candidate will conceptualize, design, develop, and test networked prototype applications to demonstrate solutions to the problems of information exchange in an enterprise environment. The candidate will support DCGS and DIB acquisition and integration efforts, particularly associated with enterprise test and metrics evaluation. Responsibilities include: coordinating with feature team members and scrum master to identify and prioritize tasks via backlogs for sprint planning and setting schedules; writing code to ensure builds and baselines reflect accurate versions of software related to test phases; evaluating and recommending COTS/GOTS solutions for alternative testing methods and emerging software capabilities. Identify, assess, report and track status of software defects.
May involve travel to support contract activities.
Generic Title: Software Developer - Java, Web Development, Databases
- Must be experienced with developing and testing of software applications and components.
- Experience with web service security concepts.
- Proven analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Must be team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative and matrixed environment.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Experienced with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Extensive experience with Windows and *nix scripting languages.
- Familiarity with Database tools and concepts (Oracle, Postgres, Solr, MySql, MarkLogic).
- Experience with cloud computing concepts.
- Experience with JVM-based and web service programming languages (SoaP/JSON).
- Familiar with OSGI frameworks (Apache Karaf/Felix, Eclipse Equinox.)
- Experienced with the following: C, C++, HTML, CSS, XML, SQL, Python, Ruby on Rails, SOAP, JSON, Unix Scripting.
- Familiar with Virtual Machines.
- Software: SoapUI, Oracle Middleware (Weblogic), Tomcat, Jetty, PostgreSQL.
- Familiar with Agile software development.
ActioNet Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.