Click on 'Apply Now' to submit your application for this position.
08 - 10 years
DC - Washington
If you are an experienced IT Project Manager with at least 7 years of experience in the areas of Software Applications Operations and Maintenance, Software Project Management (Waterfall and Agile/Scrum), and IT Operations and Maintenance Support and you're looking for a face-paced, versatile, challenging, and rewarding position where you can make a big impact, please read on!
This position supports two teams that collaborate with each other – an Operations & Maintenance team and an Enhancement team. The Operations and Maintenance team is physically located at DOT Headquarters in Washington, DC, and at our Headquarter offices in Vienna, VA. The Enhancement team is located in our Headquarter offices only. The primary work location for this position is at DOT Headquarters in Washington DC located across from The Nationals Ball Park. There is a total of 14 members on the teams.
The project manager is responsible for the following tasks and activities:
• Planning, scheduling, and controlling the activities of over 20 web applications and customized SharePoint modules, while also providing support for all users of the applications.
• Oversee all aspects of the contract and related tasks and personnel management.
• Responsible for scheduling, coordination and completion of tasks required for steady state systems, maintenance, documentation, development and enhancements to web-based systems and customer support.
• Works with team to develop and deliver ROM and cost estimates on new requirements.
• Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of the project.
• Prepares project management documentation, professional reports and presentations for upper management and the federal customer regarding status of project(s). Hosts multiple periodic internal and customer-facing status meetings.
• Mentors teams through the desired transition from a waterfall framework to Agile implementations in future releases while managing a technical support staff in daily support operations (Support Tickets).
• Serves as primary point of contact, and serves as contract liaison, with the assigned Contracting Officers Representative (COR).
• Provides timely and proactive communication to the COR and other federal stakeholders on an ass needed basis; conducts weekly meetings with the COR to discuss all aspects of the project, including operational, financial, and contractual issues that may require resolution.
• Mentors team through transition from a waterfall framework to Agile implementations in future releases while managing a technical support staff in daily support operations (Support Tickets).
• Maintains a risk register using defined template and provides suggested risk mitigation strategies for identified risks
• Manages project budget, when applicable, to include Estimates to Completion (ETC) and Estimates at Completion (EAC). Must be able to provide EVM reporting to the customer for selected projects.
• Works with Contracts, Finance, and HR to process contractual, financial, and personnel matters. Serves as the primary interface with the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and other government management personnel across multiple program staff offices and customer agency representatives. Responsible for communications with and management of other contractors with deliverables for this contract.
• Directly responsible for the overall provision of Operations and Maintenance of over 20 applications or modules for the DOT’s Maritime Administration.
• Travel between the Washington, DC customer site location and ActioNet Headquarters in Vienna, Virginia is required on occasion or on an as needed basis, but the primary work location of the position is Washington, DC.
• Minimum of 10 years of Project Manager experience in solutions delivery and software development
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification with a minimum of 3 years of project management experience post certification
• Experience following structured Project Management best practices and policy
• Hands-on experience with development, implementation and support of .NET and/or Java web applications
• Experience with tools/languages: SQL Server 2014, Windows Server 2012, RedHat Linux 6/7, SharePoint, MS Access, Remedy 9 Ticketing System, Oracle 11g, JBoss
• Experience developing ROMs, costs estimates, creating project plans, schedules, RTMs
• Exposure and understanding of full project lifecycle (analysis, development, integration, deployment, test and UAT)
• Experience with client engagement at a project level
• Familiarity with government contracts, funding, and task order management; must have strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
• Comfortable working with senior management, decision makers, and the ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen
• Experience with key project management tools: MS Projects, Office, SharePoint
• Commitment to project success as it may require working overtime hours during critical project phases
• Motivation and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Self-motivated and ability to grasp new concepts and technical skills quickly
• Leadership skills to manage and motivate teams of 10+ FTEs, with additional oversight of a Project Manager on the Enhancement Task Order
• Must be able to work at customer site in Washington DC on a daily basis, with required visits to the team in Vienna VA for team meetings.
• Strategic mindset and ability to foresee upcoming opportunities and threats
• Highly organized, good time management skills, and detailed-oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Efficient team management skills
• Ability to resolve conflicting situations
• Experience implementing a Services Oriented Architecture and Enterprise Architecture for Federal Agencies
• Experience with Database consolidation, Software Development and Maintenance; Scrum Master, PMI - ACP preferred
• Experience building and administering application environments deployed on Virtual Machines (VM)
• Experience in designing and building Cloud-based solutions, migrating legacy applications and developing cost savings analysis around Cloud technologies
• Change & Configuration Management experience
• Professionally assertive, but fosters a team environment
• Energetic, focused, and organized
ActioNet has a mentor program designed to get you up to speed in your new job quickly...helping you succeed and grow with the company.
ActioNet Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.