Click on 'Apply Now' to submit your application for this position.
Remote Site Tier 2/3 Technician
04 - 05 years
CO - Boulder
Serves as the site POC for escalating, troubleshooting and addressing technical issues. Troubleshoots connectivity and networking issues. Provides support to end users at NOAA NESDIS remote sites on a variety of issues. Identifies, escalates when necessary, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision.
- Serve as the onsite support for all technical issues. Be available on site during core business hours. This is not a teleworking position. Ensure coverage and customer communication when out of office. Add phone, email, calendar updates and cube notifications of transitioned support when out of the office. Work after designated hours to resolve urgent issues (as needed).
- Serve as the site POC for escalating, troubleshooting and addressing technical issues on NOAA5006 infrastructure equipment housed at the respective site (e.g., Cisco switches, servers, backup devices). Troubleshoot connectivity and networking issues. Follow technical instructions (e.g., SOPs) and direction provided by remote senior engineers when troubleshooting onsite equipment.
- Record, track and respond to incidents, problems and requests using the Service Now (Snow) ticketing software system. Monitor all ticket assignments within defined support times (15 minute acknowledgement, 2 hour resolution).
- Provide in-person support for NOAA 5006 staff. This will include direct interaction with the Executive staff (System Owners) and management.
- Support end-user hardware including laptops, monitors, peripherals and printers, mobile devices including iOS and Android devices.
- Support end-user systems, including Office 2010 and 2013, McAfee Antivirus, Windows OS, web browsers, internal proprietary and managed applications Scan, patch and image Windows, Mac and Linux devices using Ghost/SCCM and other tools.
- Support technical requests and configuration for new hire laptop deployments.
- Maintain and track equipment stock for the office including laptops, monitors, desk phones and peripherals (inventory management).
- Light Active Directory administration required (password resets, unlocking accounts, etc.).
- Candidate will be required to maintain and troubleshoot issues with the Tandberg/Cisco videoconferencing equipment (as applicable)
- Provide support for executive meetings, board meetings and vendor events to include the use of WEBEX (as applicable)
- Work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Be responsive, reliable and able to prioritize tasks efficiently
- Document processes, issues and changes according to NOAA5006 processes
- Adhere to NOAA 5006 change, configuration, and security guidelines
- Support standard and ad-hoc security update requests
- 4+ years of hands-on desktop support experience supporting laptops, monitors, phones, and peripherals.
- 4+ years of hands-on operating system (OS) experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux environments
- Prior experience with supporting mobile devices
- Prior experience with IPs, Cisco equipment, ports and switches, Active Directory
- Familiar with Windows OS imaging using Ghost/SCCM and other tools.
- Highly effective communication skills. Excellent customer service.
- Team player, responsive and self-managed.
- Familiar supporting IP address changes, virtual environments (VMware), Cisco technology, Windows Server 2012 and Active Directory administration.
- Familiar with IPs, Cisco equipment, ports and switches, Active Directory
- Familiar with Citrix, Xenapp or other virtual desktop technologies.
- Familiar supporting Common Access Card (CAC), smart card, etc... technologies
- BS Degree in IT field and Certifications (e.g., Microsoft, A+, Network+, CCNA)
Candidate will be required to work independently and with minimal supervision. Candidate must be responsive, reliable and able to prioritize tasks efficiently.
ActioNet has a mentor program designed to get you up to speed in your new job quickly...helping you succeed and grow with the company.
ActioNet Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.