Click on 'Apply Now' to submit your application for this position.
Security Engineer/Penetration Tester
04 - 05 years
Sole US Citizenship
DOE Badge Access Only
DC - Washington
• Primary emphasis will be placed on daily monitoring and review of security scanning
• Conduct system hardening, and security assessment, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing
• Work with technical personnel to remediate vulnerabilities and security findings.
• Ability to assess and weigh current and evolving security threats in an operational environment
• Prioritizing and differentiating between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
• Configure, implement, patch, and upgrade information security software tools like Nessus, TrendMicro, Burp Suite.
• Create and rotate keys, support monthly security patch management cycles
• Staying up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures
• Generating vulnerability and security reports.
• Composing security alert notifications
• Creating and tracking security investigations to resolution
• Research and recommend security technology solutions for the client.
• Maintain IT Security documents such as procedures, benchmarks, policies and manuals.
• 3-5 years of security operations, continuous ops monitoring experience
• Require certification: CISSP, Security + ,
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Knowledge of Windows server and Linux operating systems, network and infrastructure e.g. TCP/IP, Firewalls, Active Directory, PKI
• Knowledge AWS cloud security, application security, database security, and network security and IA controls
• Hands–on experience using Vulnerability scanners like Nessus, TrendMicro, CIS-CAT and Intrusion Detection Systems,
• Experience with Threat and Vulnerability Management
• Experience using Burp Suite or similar tool for penetration testing.
• Experience with CIS Benchmarks, NIST 800-series, FIPs, FISMA, Continuous Monitoring Framework
• Good communication and writing skills.
• Knowledge of scripting desired.
• Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
• Reviews network designs, database system designs, communication engineering designs, etc. as they relate to security requirements.
• Performs security audits and code inspections during the development and testing of new systems.
ActioNet has a mentor program designed to get you up to speed in your new job quickly...helping you succeed and grow with the company.
ActioNet Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.