Click on 'Apply Now' to submit your application for this position.
04 - 05 years
MD - Silver Spring
Supervise and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems which may be Desktop or client/server based. Plan and monitor the optimizing of system operation and resource utilization, and perform systems capacity analysis and planning. Plan and monitor assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
Serve as an expert and consultant for the client to advise on feasibility and methodology of integrating IT services and other critical IT issues. Lead the development of client mission critical IT solutions that include the design, integration and 3rd Tier support of various hardware and software technologies in an enterprise environment of over 3000 users geographically dispersed throughout multiple sites.
Specifically as an SA for SCCM:
Provide expert level configuration, management, and troubleshooting of all components of SDD’s Windows operating system and application deployment platform.
- Manage all internal organizational elements of the MS SCCM environment such as boundaries and boundary groups, security architecture, containers, task sequences, folders, application deployment models and packages, etc.
- Provide guidance and expertise to assist SDD in continuously evaluating ways of improving the customer experience and maximizing the value and efficiency derived from the investment in the operating system and application deployment platform.
Experience managing an operating system image library to include:
- Create and maintain a standardized desktop and server operating system image library for use across the Enterprise using industry standard tools such as the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and MS SCCM.
- Perform "ground-up" rebuilds to pre-package updated operating system patches and vendor specific system drivers across the entire library of production images on a recurring schedule.
- Make expert level use of VMware workstation or tools similar in function to maintain a high level of quality, consistency, and efficiency across all image library management activities.
Experience performing the following functions in support of an application package and deployment library:
- Create and distribute native Windows Installer (MSI) based application packages throughout a MS SCCM infrastructure spanning all of the locations identified in Technical Exhibit A.
- Create and distribute virtualized application packages using the Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer and an MS App-V Streamed application distribution infrastructure where applicable.
- Make expert level use of VMware workstation or tools similar in function to maintain a high level of quality, consistency, and efficiency across all application package and deployment activities.
Experience performing the following functions in support of routine patch management,
as well as version update and control of the operating system and application deployment libraries:
- Prepare, distribute, and effect deployment of critical, security, and otherwise required patches of all managed libraries using tools such as Windows Server Update Services, IBM’s Unified Endpoint Manager, and MS SCCM.
- Maintain and report compliance with prescribed patching levels of all managed libraries.
- Make expert level use of VMware workstation or tools similar in function to maintain a high level of quality, consistency, and efficiency across all patch and version management activities.
Experience providing Tier 3 support for all aspects of Windows operating system and application deployment.
Use the Government-provided helpdesk system to open, track, monitor, escalate and resolve all related service requests.
Communicate discovered problems and resolutions to the appropriate scope of IT support personnel.
- Expert level experience with Windows Operating System, SCCM, Active Directory Enterprise Architecture and Group policy
- Experience WINS/DNS/DHCP
- Experience with Print Servers and File Servers
- Experience integrating systems on Windows Server 2008/2003
- Experience with scripting in PowerShell, Visual Basic Scripting
- Familiarity with NIST/CIS Security Benchmarks and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Experience designing laptop/desktop images and customized deployment of MS Office
- Optimizing server hardware and software
- Reviewing server loads for load balancing
- Testing and installing systems modifications and upgrades such as hot fixes and patches
- Implementing, executing, and verifying systems backups and restoration
- Development of contingency plans to ensure continuous availability and accessibility of server resources in the event of emergencies
- Conducting functional and connectivity testing to ensure continued operability
- Maintains security configurations for servers and desktop images; reviews and recommends monthly releases of Microsoft patches.
- Schedules and performs monthly patches in accordance with established policies and procedures using SCCM and/or BigFix.
- Schedules and performs monthly scanning of servers; manages and reports on internet usage and sites visited in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs weekly scanning with Nessus ensuring vulnerabilities do not pass 60 days.
- Engineers, installs, configures, updates, and maintains Microsoft (MS) Windows servers in a large, complex environment
- Skilled at working with basic network support along with repairing DHCP Server, File Servers, and Print Servers
- Designs and plans complex hardware deployments, software upgrades, and significant operational initiatives
- Design and implement solutions related to Windows server and/or desktop and laptop systems.
- Performs Multi-tiered incident, change and problem management
- Works with vendors to isolate and resolve hardware problems to include component replacement
- Addresses and rectifies server problems, works with Microsoft or other vendors as necessary
- Maintains and upgrades automated scripts for application products to facilitate operational tasks
- Monitors system capacity (CPU, memory, ports, disk space, etc.) and takes appropriate action to report and correct any issues
- Coordinates with Project Management, Security, Asset Management, and Service Desk teams as necessary for problem support and resolution
- Lead and execute projects from requirements to implementation.
- Tests and deploys software updates and security patches to infrastructure and servers
- Monitors faults, performance, and capacity issues; prepares remediation reports and documentation
- Researches, identifies, and analyzes trends of utilization and errors
- Uses the ticketing system to document requests, incidents and changes to keep track of work, issues and resolutions
- Continuously looks for process and quality improvement
- Insures team documentation is accurate and maintained
- Conducts gap analyses as needed, and provides results and recommendations to management for review
- Installation of rack-mounted IT equipment, power and network cabling
- Develops project documentation such as project plan, high-level design, detailed design, requirements analysis and implementation plans.
- Troubleshoots IT infrastructure issues escalated from Systems Operations
- Develops training documentation and Standard Operating Procedures for Systems Administrators
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written interpersonal communications skills and ability to deal effectively with customers, peers and management
- Create Active Directory users, OU groups, and understand how to apply NTFS and share level permissions
- Modifying and managing Active Directory components for all users of the corporate LAN/WAN
- Managing domain name services (DNS), directory services, and dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP)
- Developing standards and criteria for assessing server performance
- Scheduling maintenance activities
ActioNet has a mentor program designed to get you up to speed in your new job quickly...helping you succeed and grow with the company.
ActioNet Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.